Thursday, May 7, 2009

Oh, gosh!! It was great! XD

Hey hey hey!! How's everyone doing? My week has been a busy one, needless to say... What have I done lei? Erm... I've got studying to do, read the online news, did my workshop as usual, UMSA things (the website la) and juz had a test juz now! hehe... Too bad got a lot of careless mistakes =( aiz~ nvm la... Nex time work harder!! Well, let's see wat hav I done today, right?
12 noon till 1 pm I hav a Math Modelling lecture... Funny how I was able to pull through it la... XD But of course, I had a test afterwards... 3-4pm, a test on Mechanics of Materials... Smthg bout stresses and strains on everyday materials la... haha~
Oh, for those who say I AM FAT, take a look again~ =D Hahahaha... Cuz I told u I AM NOT!! XD But hey, I dress up so nicely at home for what?? Sampat ar?! Hiao ar?! (Translation : Crazy yea?! Vain yea?!) No la!! I'm preparing to go to the School of Music's Graduation Gala... Went with my room mate, Han Meng...
Well, we went out to hav dinner at Angie's Kitchen... Had Chicken Curry Kapitan... yummy~~
After dinner, we went straight to the Auckland Town Hall... OMG!! So many ppl...... We had to queue up lei... Thank gudness we get to go in... We're really lucky as we're the last ones to be able to enter the hall!! Yay!!
We sat separately la... But it was ok... We sat on the top floor... Would u juz look at that Pipe organ!! Gosh, it's huge!!
Ok... Basically juz now, there was a competition for some cash prize la... It was between three students... I think they're Mater class students... Geng (Skillful) wei!! This one is the first one presenting us a piano concerto... Exhilarating la!!! Fuyoh, so pro!!
Then the 2nd one presented a flute concerto... She's the one in green... Wa~ the flute sound like zao sia (out of tune) but stil sound like so pro wei~~ that's how gud she was... Smtimes my head oso follow the flute's tune move la... up down left right, all over the place liddat... Fuyoh~~~
Then there's this last contestant, the one in bright purple gown... She presented a piano concerto... This one hor, I tell u all... Even more geng (skillful)!! She play play play then suddenly will jump jump a bit and throw her head around one lei!! Then her hands are like waves lo... I think she can do the breakdance easily la... Oh btw, we Engineers would say the movement of the hands are sinusoidal... XD *lame* Anw, her piano totally captivated me (actually it's preventing me frm sleeping la)... haha!!
After the 3 contestants show their prowess, there's a flute quartet performance... 4 flutes which was not as "head-moving" as the 2nd contestant but stil quite nice... Vy comfortable performance!!
One thing that cannot be left out... Speech by the Chancellor of the school of music... Then the long-waited moment.........
Prize-giving!! The results came out and the guy got 3rd... Green lady got 1st and brinjal (aka eggplant) lady got 2nd... Aiya~ guys got beat flat again... =(
Then, everyone left dy lo... Done for the day!!
But I feel like staying there... the place's so nice and comfortable la... haha~
Anw, we still had to go back la... Haha... The one standing's Darrel and the one laying down on the sofa's my room mate, Han Meng... Thanks to him!! If not, I tonite go to the concert alone dy la... XD

Okok... I hav to sleep early tonite... I've got workshop tmrw~~ 8.40 am lei!! Ark!!! In this cold weather?! No way~~~ But no choice la... Oh btw, from my room can see sunrise lei!! Show u all:
Nice lei~~~ hehe... Dun nid go til Mt Eden la... =P Okok... See ya all nex time yea!! =D

15 comments:

rolling life said...

LOL!! sinusoidal?eh how come in engineering got such word?its not like u can use it on the machines XD.me wan go tis kinda concerts!hw d u get tis kinda tickets??all chinese fellas?well done! XD

oh 1 more thingy.ur nt fat but ur fringe a bit too long ask auntie swee lee cut for u!or korean hairstlye.not bad..hehe

Rique K Swee said...

Haha~ Long mie?? I think juz nice lo... And I dun plan to cut for the nex one month or so... see how la... XD Btw, I din get any tickets... It's free entry... nope, not all chinese.. got korean too... hehe~

sinusoidal is the sine curve... remember the one up down up down one?? in trigonometry? engineering got use it de...

Joanne said...

really a bit long lerh. haha.

The performance looks nice. *Jealous*

arJay said...

lol... well... studying in a school with great music department, that kind of concert is nothing.. heehee... **kidding la**

but seriously, i dozed off so many times watching Chicago Symphony Orchestra( one of the best in the world kononnya)... Then people actually said i memalukan the whole school.. haha~ then my reply is, "the fact that i sleep shows that the orchestra is really good... their soothing melody can make someone sleeps so soundly in the concert.. haha"

Rique K Swee said...

to Joanne: Har? reli ar? =( well.... Ok la... I go cut it some time later ba... hehe~ I nvr had long hair b4... U like musical performances eh? Dun hav to b jealous la... I can bring u there nex time =D Btw, smone's gonna start enjoying her holidays dy lei~~ hehe... so syok..

to prince J : Hey, I understand la... haha... It muz b reli nice eh, CSO?? Who say u memalukan whole school?? no way, man!! Even I oso doze off smtimes one la... haha~

No longer valid said...

wondering why u need to take mechanics of materials coz i thought it is for mech engineering de...? haha
yeah.... i can consult u next time about it de hehe

Rique K Swee said...

Oh, it's one of my core papers la.. So, hav to take lo... aiks~ anw, I'm also taking another mechanical paper... Machines and mechanisms... that's my elective la... and sure thing, u can owaz consult me! hehe... I oso may wanna consult u lo... XD

Angelina said...

KS, surprise! Haha... never leave a comment for anyone b4. Urs is the 1st one. Of coz it's coz i find urs the most exciting one and most worthwhile to spend time reading on. Haha....

Wah, can't believe after such hectic UMSA thingy, u can still produce such exciting piece of blog. Haha....

Ah, i missed this concert. Should have gone with my indo fren. Ergh.... Wah, should be really great to enjoy the "pianist's dance". Haha... ^0^ Btw, wanna ask for the jay chow's musical sheet. Fell in love with it when u played it at my apt. :p

darryl said...

wa.... so nice

Rique K Swee said...

to Angelina : Hey hey!! I really so touched when u say that lei... haha! and also thank u vy much for spending time here yea! =) I'll send the score to you yea.. I owaz 4got... Paiseh lei! hehe...

to darryl : Yea! it was really nice... One of the ways I release stress... XD

papa said...

hai Boy , good job ,

mummy said...

Hi son! you look great! looks like got to ask your pa bring me to concert too... but susah lah. he prefer movie lor. I just told your pa that ur kitchen looks better than mine lei.. ha ha... enjoy ur study k.. love you! keep up your good work!

mummy said...

Oops! the sunrise looks great!

Chelle said...

Haha..you dad and mum are so cute ",

Yeayea your kitchen looks real nice man..if i have that kinda kitchen i will wanna cook everydya ;P hahaa

and the sunriiiissseeeee..nice!!

Rique K Swee said...

Haha!! Pa, Mummy, thanks for coming here to read my posts... hehe... Watchin movie oso not bad la.. romantic mar... XD

Hey Michelle!! It's been sooooo long liao!! How're u doin there le?! haha... Yea, my parents are reli cute! hehe... U not cookin on ur own there mar?