Sunday, December 6, 2009

A lil' something for myself

PIKOM PC Fair was where I went today! There were soooooo many people~ Really people mountain, people sea lo! The one I went to was at the Kuala Lumpur Convention Centre, held for 3 days from 4th Dec 09'... Today already got sooooo many people... I think the last day (tomorrow) surely exploding dy la!

Anyways, I went there today with a purpose! Purpose to buy, buy and buy... Hehe... But of course, I planned and survey before one lo... :P I bought two stuffs for myself~ Using my own reserves... XD *pocket painful*

Now, lemme introduce to u guys and gals what I bought! *excited*
First item is 1 Tb external hard drive... It's from Seagate... Costed RM 299, which is about NZD 123.45 (didn't expect such a nice number wor)... The rate was NZD 1 to RM 2.42213... The RRP (recommended retail price) in Low Yatt (a famous IT place in Kuala Lumpur) for this brand is RM 330 and the cheapest was a Bufallo one at RM 315... Over there at the PC fair, the Buffalo one was sold at RM 299 too... SO, I guess this Seagate one would be better cuz I earn more!! Muahahaha...
Next item!! The one I've been waiting for soooo long... A brand new camera! A super-zoom camera.... Canon Powershot SX20IS... I also got a tripod... The camera itself costed RM 1,699 and the tripod costed RM 40... When I bought the camera at that price, there were free gifts such as a 4 Gb SDHC memory card, a camera bag, a set of 4 AA Alkaline rechargeables and a screen protector... Quite a gud deal eh? Cuz originally, the memory card provided by the stall was only 2 Gb! As for the tripod, I was told the original price is RM 80 la... But they quoted me RM 50... Then I asked for a lower price and got RM 40 at last... Hehehe... So, all together, I spent RM 1,739 for this set of camera...
Now, let's take a look at the design... The SX20IS looks like a DSLR... That's one factor why I like it so much... The zoom and manual capabilities are just few of the other reasons why I like it too though it had bad reviews lo... Aiks~ Well, actually I wanted to get Panasonic Lumix FZ 35 but it was out of stock liao! Cuz it's a vy close competitor and in fact, it had better reviews!
Front view of the camera... Another thing that's good bout this camera is it can shoot movies in high definition lei! No kiddin~~ And the recordings are in stereo as well... Plus, it can play slideshows on high definition TVs...
Backside view... The layout really is like a DSLR lo... Dun u think so? One thing bad bout this camera is that its dial to adjust the settings such as aperture, shutter speed etc. is not very sensitive to changes... But I can overlook that one la... Hehe...
Another good thing bout this camera is that it has an articulated screen! This means I am able to take photos at odd angles and can self potrait, sure kena (sure on target) one!!
Top view... SOme of the things that came with the camera include a lens hood, which will prevent lens glares and also a lens cover, which obviously protects the lens frm scratches or damage....
This is the camera's top view at full zoom! Living up to its name, the SX20IS has a 20x optical zoom... The lens is a 28-156 mm one... 20 freaking times, man!! No kiddin~~ Besides that, an external flash gun or receiver can be mounted on the top of the camera cuz there's a hotshoe... Convenient eh? :)
Side view number 1... The viewfinder, though electronic, it's still kinda big (probably around 0.44 inches)... I havent really tried it la... But I guess it should be not that bad gua~ Can train for my future DSLR! Hehehe...
Second side view... Here, we got all the ports for memory card la, HDMI slot la, power adapter la etc... One thing bout the SX20IS is that it's powered by 4 AA batteries... To some, it's convenient cuz almost anywhr oso can get the battery mar... Even in kedai runcit (sundry shops)!! To some, it's heavy and they dun like it... Talkin bout heavy, this camera weighs bout 600 g...

Well, I guess that's all I wanna share today... I should go to bed le! Late liao... Haha... C ya guys and gals nex time yea!! Hav a great time~

2 comments:

Joanne said...

wow look so canggih

Rique K Swee said...

Wow! So early come read le.... :) So touched~~ Hehe... Yea, it's kinda canggih and I haven go reli play with it yet... Hope it's worth the small "bomb" la... ;D