Sunday, October 4, 2009

Jelly legs

Wonder what's with the jelly legs? Hmm.... Yesterday was UMSA's AGM!! That's why the title "jelly legs"... It was really really nervous for me and I bet, a lot others... It's the time to choose who shall lead UMSA next year and who shall work together with who...
This is the UMSA AGM 09' poster... Designed by me :P oh and I sourced the image from google images la.. haha!
This here is Naomi presenting yesterday's agenda... Naomi was UMSA's President for 2009... So, the day started with some amendments to the current constitution followed by the activities and financial reports, explanation of the voting procedures and then the speeches and Q&A sessions for the candidates...
Can say this is the highlight of the day la! Haha... Our Social Officers 2009, Ati (we call her Artie, stressing on the "r") and Allan presenting on the activities throughout 2009... We were all supposed to gather at the venue at 9 a.m. but most of us were late... Hehe... I was late for bout 5 minutes but it's ok cuz I met June, the Vice President 2009 on the way... :P That means I'm not late la! Hahaha...

The event was supposed to start at 10 a.m. sharp but cuz the members were late too... Malaysian Standard Time mar... So, we started late la... On that day, the Social Officers 2009 had to present on the activities throughout 2009... Allan, being playful and last minute, did his slideshow that morning at 6 a.m... Aiks~ Juz look at his hair! All standing!! Haha... He didn't even get to really shower I think... XD Nice hair, Allan! Dun kill me if u see this yea! Hahaha...
It all started with the Executive portfolios candidates making their speeches... We have two running for Treasurer... This here is Tuan, making his speech with his powerpoint slides... He's really good with Wushu... One of Malaysian's finest, I think... Hehe...
Another guy running for Treasurer... This here's Jack... his speech was really good and well-planned!
Next post is Secretary... Introducing Dimi (full name's Dimithira)!! Hehe... She ran uncontested... But dun think it's really easy also yea... For each ballot, there will be the candidate's name and also a "no confidence" vote... If the no confidence votes are high enough, I'll say probably 20%, then you're out! Dimi's speech is also accompanied by a powerpoint slide...
Next one is the Vice President post... The one that will advice the President!! Crucial role... Ran by two people as well... First candidate, Jie Huei (in picture)... She's really good in presentations and media... She's doing Communications in AUT... That's why she so pro... Hehe... She accompanied her speech with a video presentation... Next one running for Vice President is Jack... Jack ran for two positions...
Guess what, I ran for the President position!! Haha... That's why got jelly legs la... XD Though I ran uncontested, I still felt nervous and worried cuz I still need to gain people's confidence in me... I would say my speech was smooth but my Q&A isn't as good... Aiks~ Still, actions speak louder than words! I will show that I can do it too!! Hehe...

Actually most of the drama happened during the Executive portfolios' voting... It was seriously exciting during the Q&A sessions... And also, very very political!! Haha... The day ended with some sad and happy moments... I got voted as the President, Jie Huei as the Vice President, Dimi as the Secretary and Jack's the Treasurer... As for the general committees, the name list too long la... Haha... Go to UMSA's website nex time to check it out ba... Anyways, I'll be looking forward to working with this group of people!

Ok la.. Gotta go do assignments liao~~ Good day people! C ya next time...

7 comments:

Angelina said...

Wah, congratulations, KS!!! Will be really looking forward to UMSA events next year, especially when it's organised by such awesome top people. :)

arJay said...

itu tahniah.. actually, my main purpose to NZ is to bribe all your members to let you win.. that is why you won uncontested.. LOL.. :p

anyway.. tahniah again!

Rique K Swee said...

To Angelina: Thanks! hehe... I'll be looking forward for ur support too!

To Prince_J: Thanks, bro! ;D Bringin u here to meet my frens is the right thg to do eh... Hehe... We shud play bridge smtime...

Joanne said...

haha...btw the president shd trim his hair abit. XD

Rique K Swee said...

Really hav to trim hair yea? Hehe... Dun u think I look like a Korean superstar liddat? XD

rolling life said...

HAHAHAHHAHA!!! agreeeeeeeeee u needa korean hair cut ASAP! eekkss. pres hair looks like just wake up from sleep! CONGRATS.u were d only one who ran for prez post?how come it was uncontested?

Rique K Swee said...

Hey jyulia, I got comb one la! Haha... Only cuz the wind and rain lo.. :( But I cut hair dy!! Hahaha.. Won uncontested cuz no one else running for it...