Saturday, October 31, 2009

Recently

Hey people! Been wondering what have I been up to lately? Hehe... Apart from exams (I shud be studyin right now lo.. XD), I went around having good food! Good like really fine dining o... Hehehe... Not that I rich or what la... Juz wanna try try new stuffs mar... :P
This is the place le~ It's called O'Connell Street Bistro... The name suggests that it's not really a fine dining place but it actually is... The interior's really artistic and romantic... But at times may get a lil' noisy la... Hehehe... Imagine us, a group of M'sian guys go there... We talked loud, laughed loud... Anw, the ppl there also loud la! :P
Salt and pepper sitting on a white, candle-lit table...
Before we go into the food, let's intro the people I went with! Someone new and someone who's hardly ever gone out of our apartment... Haha... Introducing Clarence on the left and TC on the right.. Paiseh har, TC... Ur mouth cacat-ed (disfigured but literally means crippled) liao... XD
Sitting beside me is Han Meng, my room mate and Darrel (in green) who brought us there to eat...

Now, the food! All of us went for the 3-course meal valued at NZD 39.50... There was a 2-course one at 32.50 too... Only these two "cheaper" choices at that time... Hehe... Really thank gudness we went for the 3-course meal lo! More worth it relatively la... Look below then u know why liao..
First course, entre... Looks small and yummy eh? This is crispy squid, rocket and roast garlic saffron aioli... Long name... Haha! Two mouth finish 10 bucks liao... U all muz b wondering how big is my mouth eh? I tell u, it's the food small la... XD Fine dining mar... Evrythg oso fine... Small small....

But good thgs always come in small packages! :) This squid's saltiness hides the bitter taste of the rocket and when dipped into the sauce, there's a creamy sensation in the mouth... Wa~ nice la....
Next is the main dish! The supposed-to-be-quite big-and-can-eat-till-full-full-and-feel-pregnant dish... Turns out, three mouth finish dy... -_-||| Anw, introducing seared South Island salmon with Bok Choy coleslaw... :) Another long name... I like how they fry the fish... Not too oily at all! I added some pepper and salt cuz the fish is bland... The coleslaw kind of added a sweet taste to the dish and the fish is crispy outside, tender on the inside... Yumm yumm!! :9
For all dishes, we have two choices.. I chose the salmon and the other is this one... Smthg TC said made me laughed a bit actually... The white strips on the food are cheese... When the waitress putting the cheese, TC suddenly say "Bak chor mee..." (Minced meat noodles)... I was like "Hahaha... Aiyoyo"... This dish is called linguini of confit duck with roasted red onion, baby spinach and Parmigiano Reggiano... Facncy long name eh? Parmigiano Reggiano is actually Parmesan cheese lo... Make life so difficult wanna put such a hard-to-pronounce name... -_-|| I never tried this dish though... Cuz if I take one mouth, my friend only left with two... XD
Next!! Dessert of course!! I think it kinda looks like an elongated piece of mooncake... Haha... But no lo! It's actually Manuka honey tart with pistachio nut ice-cream and apple syrup... Sounds sweet and yummy eh?! It is actually quite sweet but that's the reason of having desser mar! Haha... Again, 2 mouth finish liao... XD I like the pistachio nut ice-cream though...

Well, that's all on Tuesday, which was two days before my first exam!! This semester, I took four papers but only have exams for three of em... Modelling in Operations Research, Thermofluids as well as Modelling and Design 1... Hehe... Just finished the first two and now, left with Modelling and Design 1, which is the very last day of the year!! Ish.... My exam time table is seriously crappy la... 29th Oct, 30th Oct and 16th Nov!! Aiz~ In hokkien, we call this "bao tao, bao beh" (means smthg like I take the beginning and end).. SOuncs funnier in hokkien la.. XD

Nth vy interesting happened two days ago... But smthg interesting happened yesterday! Hehe... I went to the Engineering library to study with Tuan and Clarence... We were all basically screwed cuz got not much time to prepare... :( And while studying half-way, the following happened:

Tuan : Eh, I think Superman's the best la! U see Batman is human only and Spiderman mutated guy...
*Me and Clarence looked at him*
Tuan : But hor... Spiderman drop down from tall building can't die one lei...
Me : Really? I thought he will die one? He not also human mie?
Clarence : Yea lo...
Tuan : No lo... That time in movie he drop down flat on his back! Still alive lei...
*I look at Clarence and he looked at me and both agreed*
Tuan : I wonder if we throw spider down 100 floors, will the spider die?
Clarence : Spider so light... Won't die la.. Just like throw ants down mar....
Me : If u throw ants down, I think before the ant hit the ground, it alrdy fly away with the wind la! Haha...

That occurred only one hour away frm the paper gonna start... I was like "Waleu~ so stress dy stil got time talk bout superhero?!" -_-||

Anyways, thank gudness I didn't do very badly for Thermofluids la... Hehe... But I was satisfied with Operations Research la... Haha! Well, it is smthg I'm gonna major in and do research in ar! Hehe... Okok... I need to go shower and get ready to go out!! Gonna blog bout that soon.... So, stay tuned!! C ya, readers!! ;)

7 comments:

JULIE SWEE said...

papa 2 hapy to read yor blog, info rich,
mummy like the 3 cost meal , too little just nice for her ,
well for papa, bo kau, must be 3X larger ,
keep up d good blog work , but , only aft exam ...xd

Angelina said...

Wah... KS! Lovin' this blog! Such a refreshment for my exam. Haha... Did u guys have the meal when we met outside kubick? Oh... i should have really joined u guys instead. Haha... where is the resto btw? Oh, n i really love ur conversation on 'spider'-man. Haha... Tuan must have been so stressed up that the spider topic just suddenly came to his mind. :p

Rique K Swee said...

Hey Julie, That one not even enuf for me la... I drink water till full one lo... XD

Angelina, thank u thank u!! Haha... When we met outside kubick was a few days aftr the meal alrdy... That day we met outside kubick was the day I tried Cambodian food... :) But the Cambodian food was nice too... Only not big enuf the portion... XD I know I eat a lot la... Aiks~ Oh and the spider conversation was that day we met u outside kubick... We were all stressed la... Not only Tuan... Haha... The restaurant's smwhr near Queen St... Try searching O'Connell St...

arJay said...

lol... mana ada orang "fine dining" pakai t shirt punya? :p

anyway, yea, all this atas atas food, the portions are so small..everytime after paying so much for the meal, we always go chinatown to eat white rice.. LOL.. typical asian!

Joanne said...

wah the food look so yum yumm!!

Joanne said...

wah the food look so yum yumm!!

Rique K Swee said...

Prince_J, I agree with u... Hehe... Fine dining shud b casual formal or fully formal o... Haha... That day I was wearing t-shirt... Only one of my frens wearing casual formal... I didn't know we're goin out to eat anw... XD Btw, we were thinkin of goin smwhr else eat too!! But at last we drink the water until full liao lo...

Joanne, yea lo... The food is really nice... But I bet there's better food at home, awaiting me... Hehehe... :)