Friday, November 27, 2009

Melbourne is so hot! (Day 1)

Exams were over, flight tickets were bought... Time to enjoy the holidays!! And I was one step closer to going back Malaysia! Decided to stop by Melbourne, Australia to visit some friends... Did some exploring in the city area too...
Morning 630 am... That was my flight time... Needless to say, I didn't sleep much the nite before... Hehe... Nervous and scared miss flight! XD I took the shuttle with a junior, Chun How to the airport... He was leaving towards Brunei and then Malaysia...
I took Pacific Blue... The flight attendants were vy friendly with the passengers and even played a game... But cuz I didn't sleep the nite before, I slept thruout the 4 hours of flight! Haha... After touchdown, I took the Skybus to Southern Cross Station and met up with Andrew... Later met up with the rest and had Japanese food along Chinatown... Hehe... The above pic's Teriyaki eel rice with egg... Salty and sweet but nice!
Ok... So, that's when my journey begun! Hehe... Sounds like an adventure eh? It really was mar... XD This here is the Victoria State Library... Andrew said that there aren't any novels inside... It's kinda like an archive... Encyclopaedias, journals and all those stuffs... Another thing is that there are lots of ppl picnic-ing outside...
Then, we walked under the burning hot sun to this place... This is the Flinders Station... I guess it shud be the main train station gua... Hehe...
We crossed the street to come to the tourist centre... It was such a small world that I met Ying Swan (friend from Auckland) there! Oh no, she's not the penguin la... Haha... She went to Melbourne to meet up her friends too... This above pic was taken cuz we saw this vy friendly penguin walk towards us... Hehe... From right, Andrew, Charlene, penguin, me and Hui Qing...
After we got out of the tourist centre, we came across this "bra van"... Haha... I was still wondering what was it when I saw it... After I saw the word "uplifting" then only I realised... Unique eh? The bra van! Dunno do what oso... XD
Passing by the bra van, we came to the Art's centre... This is where all the stage thearetical shows are shown... Opera la, plays la, musicals la... All here... We went inside to look look see see... And other than that, we also go in to use the toilet and to enjoy the cool air of the air cond... XD Bo pian (no choice) la... Melby reli vy hot mar! Haha... During the summers only la...
Outside the Art's centre, there were mirrors placed at an angle... They told me a lot ppl took photos there so, I oso dun wan lose out! Haha...
After walking out of the Art's centre, we quick quick walked to the next stop which is right beside only... The National Gallery of Victoria... Inside got a lot of art masterpieces and also strange strange things... For example lei... The air cond comes out from below one... In the pic above, Charlene was showing us one... There were lots of holes like these... Air comes out... But one thg funny is the place dun smell one lo... Cuz some ppl got Hong Kong foot (direct translate.. Hehe.. It's Athlete's feet la) mar... Then the wind blow liddat sure vy smelly lo... But thank gudness not smelly...
I kinda like this art piece... So got feel... The background, the lighting... Juz right! Hehe...
Here's another strange art piece... This one I called Andrew between orange and blue... XD
After we enjoyed the air cond and the art masterpieces, we walked out of the cooling place and walked a very torturous 5 minutes to the Shrine of Rememberence... It's is to commemorate the ANZAC soldiers in both WWI (pronounced as whee) and WWII (pronounced as wheeeeee)... Haha...
So, we walked upstairs and I found a very good place to take a panoramic photo... And there you go, a panoramic view of the city of Melbourne with the Eureka tower in the middle... The Eureka is the tallest residential apartment and also has the highest viewing deck in the Southern Hemisphere!
All no exercise... KO liao... XD But they are actually quite strong dy la... Hehe... Under the hot, scorching sun, they can actually walk with me to sooo many places... really vy geng (skillful) liao lo! Andrew, Charlene and Hui Qing, thanks yea!!

Oh, I forgot to intro a bit mroe bout the Shrine... Inside, there's actually a plaque on the floor, in the middle and above it directly, there's a hole with a transluscent window pane... At the eleventh hour of the eleventh day of the eleventh month every year, the sun's rays will shine and concentrate on one word on the plaque... Guess what word? It's "Love"... Cool eh?! I juz missed it only......
After the Shrine, we went back to the city via tram... Met up with Kia Xin and Rachel in front of Melbourne Central, which is opposite the State Library... Rachel and Andrew left first, leaving Kia Xin, Charlene and Hui Qing to bring me around... We took the City Circle, a free tram service to Melby's waterfront... They named it Docklands...
They went there to look at fishes... But I went there with a reason, which is to take photos! Haha... Nite photos are always the nicest... I think la... So, while they three looked at fishes and talked their time away, I went around to take photos...
A docked yacht... People in Aussie and NZ like to go sailing smtimes... So, most of em, if rich, they'll buy boats or yachts... Just nice, Docklands is Melby's newest precinct and judging by the looks of it, I bet only rich ppl live there la...
There are also art masterpieces there... This one is the legendary upside down cow on a tree... According to Kia Xin la... XD Btw, I like the sky that day... It was really beautiful!
After taking some photos and feeling a lil' hungry and impatient, I decided to go back to the city... Cant stand it alrdy, too hungry la! Cant wait till nitefall... So, we took the tram back to the city... A few thgs I like bout this pic are the city lights and the tone of the sky... Made me think of the busy life which has juz ended in a city...
After waiting for a while, our tram arrived and we took it to Lygon Street, where all the Italian food are at... Went to a restaurant called Universal and I had the Lasagna... Whoa~ Vy the nice lo!! Not vy expensive too... But I heard there are cheaper places la.. Hehe... Juz that Universal is more classy gua...

After dinner, we went to have ice-cream at Fredo's... The famous one la... Lots of ppl queueing up... Lots of Asians... Malaysians and Singaporeans... Haha... Feels like home... XD They had specialty flavours like Roche and Durian... But being a person who doesn't like Durian, I chose Tiramisu instead... I admit the Roche reli is vy nice! But as for the tiramisu, it's so so only...

If u ask me how I'd describe Melbourne during summer, I can say only two words... Flies and Hot! Haha... The flies there like nowhr else to go liao lo... Fly here and there around us (not cuz we dirty or smelly)... They even landed on our face! So geli (disgusting)~~~~ -_-|| So, nex time if got go Melbourne during summer, dun forget ur insect repellant... In the next post, I'll tell u all how Charlene cast off the flies! But in the end still failed.. XD So, c ya all nex time!

4 comments:

Joanne said...

seem u have great fun there! =)

Joanne said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rique K Swee said...

Yea, it was really fun there! :) But it rained on my second and third day there... So, didn't really take lots of photos those days... Aiks~

U're also havin lotsa fun now right? :) Hope u do yea!

Anonymous said...

UTUTUTUTUTUTUTUTUTUT